Design Concepts, a product design and innovation consultancy, is seeking a passionate, motivated and talented individual to join our Industrial Design team in Madison.
We are looking for…
A designer who can work seamlessly within multidisciplinary design teams to create new product solutions. Junior Industrial Designers at Design Concepts must possess excellent design visualization and storytelling skills. We are especially fond of fast thinkers, insightful problem solvers and effective communicators. Our designers must possess a well-developed sense of form, function, and ergonomics with a proficiency for exploring conceptual work using both 2D and 3D methods. As important, our designers must have an eye for the details including trends, brands, colors, materials, and finishes. Lastly, we seek individuals open to taking on any challenge, collaborating with others and stepping out of their comfort zone to continually evolve their knowledge while envisioning new futures for our clients.
Ideally you will have…
- 1-3 years of experience as an industrial designer (includes internships)
- Exceptional 2D visualization skills in concept exploration and storyboarding
- Familiarity with Sketchbook Pro (or other) and Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator & Photoshop)
- Hands-on experience creating physical mockups of different fidelity levels
- Proficiency translating design intent into 3D CAD geometry (SolidWorks & Rhino)
- Outstanding photorealistic 3D rendering skills (Keyshot)
- Familiarity with digital user interface design and/or service design
- General knowledge of manufacturing, materials and processes
- Insatiable curiosity about the world around us and a passion for learning from it
- Appreciation for all four seasons
If you meet these requirements, we’d love to hear from you. Send the following info to the email below. Include Junior Industrial Designer as the subject:
- Your portfolio or url (PDF <20mb)
- Your resume
- A brief introduction letter that includes a description of your favorite personal “design” moment.
Design Concepts is an EOE.
About Design Concepts
Our award-winning team of 60+ product design professionals brings unparalleled experience in the fields of ethnographic and user research, strategy, human factors, industrial design, graphic and information design, experience design, mechanical and electrical engineering and prototyping. Since 1967, Design Concepts has delivered innovative product solutions in a broad range of industries including medical devices, sporting goods, consumer and commercial products, transportation and more. We offer a great work environment that is collaborative and supportive. Our team will help you grow as a designer and become a confident leader of the design processes.
In the summer of 2017, we will be migrating to our new custom-designed studio space close to the heart of downtown Madison, also known as “the Berkley of the Midwest”!
Design Concepts is an EOE.